Thursday, June 15, 2017

Love and Compassion
























I was going back home one day after a very stressful lecture, and I noticed that a young man was crying for help along the path to the college clinic. I approached him and asked him what the problem was and he told me he was sick, hungry that had not eaten any food since the previous night. I took pity on him and deepen my hand into my pocket to bring out something for him but I realized that I was having a little amount of money with me that will only be enough for me to eat for the rest of the day. I decided to give the only money with me to the young man, having it in mind that I would be hungry for the rest of the day. After I gave the young man the money, he was happy and he thanked me. I decided to trek back to my hostel which is about 20 minute journey from the college. After trekking under the hot sun, I got home and was exhausted as I couldn’t find anything refreshed myself with but on the other side, I was happy because I was able to help and make someone else happy. After some minutes, a friend of mine came to my hostel and gave me a plate of food he had received from a church service. I appreciated and he left. That day, I was grateful to God who loved us first and gave his only begotten son to die for us. He made it possible for me to give, so that I can receive.

My personal encounters with Jesus Christ were awesome as he never failed me for once. All through my undergraduate days, my faith was based on God’s word, as I had no issues/difficulties with my academic grade. While in the college, I had various encounter with Jesus Christ that paid off and is still paying till now as all my exams were absolutely based on God’s favor and his mercies. Before each semester exams began, I would always go to the lord in prayers, supplications and fasting three days prior the D-day and when the exams result were released, it was always a blast which qualified me to be always among the top student in the courses.Another aspect of my life where I relied absolutely on His (Christ) doing was in the issue of finance during my undergraduate days, there were times I had no dime (I mean no money) on me or anywhere within my reach. So then I decided to give tithe/offering heeding to what the bible said in(MAL 3:10), during one of the Sundays in that month, and the interesting thing was that God indeed opened the windows of heaven blessings for me as I waited for something to happen with my faith in action. However, before the week ran out I began to receive unexpected favor from God and from men, the favor which served as a medium where I was able to settle my bills, pay my transport fare and did other miscellaneous. This I count as an amazing act of God, I have done it before and it paid, you also can do it.

Also when I finished with my undergraduate studies, apparently the next thing to do was to search for job employment, I found one and I sent in my curriculum vitae together with my friends who were also searching for job, the unfortunate thing that happened was that I wasn’t among the applicant that were mailed to come for aptitude test and interview, but with my faith still active I went and sat for the exams and I passed. When the screening was eventually done and the successful candidate list was pasted, I was among the successful ones that were called to resume while some of my friends who got the initial invitation email were not contacted to resume. I was happy and at the same time dumbfounded as I knew no important executive in the company but I was still contacted rather than my friends who were the real ones that got the interview invitation. However, I knew there was a higher power working for me (Christ) due to some services I had rendered in the house of God and also due to my tithe payment. Glory be to God for that.
They say there is love in sharing…they say where there is love there is life. Your everyday good deeds are never in vain for they shall return to you even when you’re not expecting it.

No comments: