Thursday, May 22, 2014

One word to reflect upon our faith journey... The Apostle Paul wrote "there is faith, hope love, these three but the greatest of these is love.
" Yes, all of these are important but there is a more essential word to our journey.
Our faith is a faith of contemplation but, more so, a faith of action. Jesus visited the docks of the Sea of Galilee as the fisherman returned from a day's work .
He called them to "follow me and I will make you fishers of men".
Imagine this happening today. Jesus appears as you exit you workplace and states, "Put in your resignation, follow me and I will make you a wandering preacher".
How many of us would respond? Andrew and Peter responded as did James and John with a resounding, "yes".
We all say "yes" to God in many ways, sometimes semi-consciously.
How many times do we, while singing "Here I am Lord" and find the word "yes" in our minds?
Here I am Lord
Yes,is it I Lord ... I have heard you calling in the night
Yes, I will go Lord ... if you lead me
Yes, I will hold your people in my heart
"Yes" is the opposite of negative thinking.
"Yes" overpowers complacency.
"Yes" overcomes procrastination.
As the Apostle Paul wrote there is, indeed, faith, hope and love. Let’s start with love.
Without love we would live a lonely existence but what does love ask of us in its most compelling moment, when our beloved asks... will you marry me.
Love calls us to say "yes"! And can we think of a better definition of faith than … faith is saying "yes" to the word of God.
And hope. How can anyone have hope without being ready to call out "yes" when the hoped-for event occurs.
Our faith calls us to say "yes" to the special mission God has for us.
Are each of us ready to say "yes", the most important word in our faith journey?

No comments: