Monday, April 21, 2014

PLUG IN!

This afternoon, I turned on my laptop, intending to plug my blackberry to it for charging, but alas, the laptop itself was only 15% charged! The tragedy here was not that my battery was low or that the Power-holding Company of Nigeria had held back power. The real tragedy was that I had been in the presence of electricity all night long, fully awake, with free sockets all around me, and I did not plug in! This is also a common tragedy in the Spirit realm. You may have heard the saying "a prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian". While this may not be entirely true, there is some serious truth to it. Every child of God has the Holy Spirit residing in him/her (1Corinthians 3:16), therefore every child of God has the power of God, more so if he/she has been filled with the Holy Spirit as on the day of Pentecost (Acts 1:8&2:4). But many beloved saints of God do not make use of this power (for many different reasons), therefore, they live a life devoid of the expressions of God's power (dunamis). God has given them the Spirit of power, but they have failed to stir up or fan into flame the gift of God which is in them (2Timothy 1:6-7), so they are "powerful but powerless". Son of God, plug in to dunamis, don't be a powerless reservoir of power! The major way to connect yourself to God's power is through the Word and prayer. This was the secret of the early church, especially the apostles. Those folks gave themselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word like no man's business! (Acts 2:42&6:4) And when it comes to prayer, there's a reason the Holy Spirit brought a heavenly prayer language with Him when He filled you, it wasn't just to announce His presence. No! When you pray in tongues, you edify yourself, you build up yourself (the real you, spirit). And since your spirit is full of God's power, the stronger your spirit, the more the power that flows through you. Secondly, when you pray in tongues, you bring up the rain of God's Spirit from the rivers of living water flowing from within you (John 7:38, Zechariah 10:1) like they did in Acts 4:31. And finally, when you pray in tongues, you're partnering with the Holy Spirit, or better still, you're allowing Him to partner with you, and what does He bring to the table? He brings all His power, wisdom, might and ability. Oooooh glory! That's massive help! When the Spirit says to my heart, "child, I am your Help" Then my soul doth respond, "Father, my Help You are" His Help I receive, His power I engage His strength is mine, as I connect to Him As I yield to Him, as I allow Him He does all He's come to do He says all He's come to say He is all He's come to be And He makes me all I'm meant to be! Receive God's help today, engage His power through the Word and through prayer. Plug in to dunamis! Don't be left out!

No comments: